Career boot camp – Getting a flying start to your career
Every year another group of people start out with great intentions to manage and develop their careers. However, few are given the tools to successfully navigate the challenges that lie in wait. To be successful in today’s workplace requires a new adaptable way of thinking and behaving. This session sets out a step-by-step business approach to career management.
Some key strategies that are explored during this session are based on Sean’s book “Slave to a Job, Master of your Career”. By joining their peers on this workshop, they will be able to discuss common issues and challenges and more importantly leave with a practical 100-day action plan.
- Define what a successful career means; “Success Indicators”
- Understand why your employer is your number 1 customer
- Develop a business plan and strategy for your career progression, seeing beyond your current role
- Devise a framework for a skills audit to ensure that you have the right skills for future roles
- Identify ways to be entrepreneurial in the workplace that adds value to your career
- Take responsibility for your personal development, both technical and personal by undergoing a SWOT analysis
- Balancing exam and work commitments
- Agreeing your 100-day action plan.
Date: Thursday 10th May
Venue: AccountancySchool.ie, 5 Lad Lane, Dublin 2
Duration: 6.30pm to 9.30pm (3 hours)
Register for this course
Presenter – Sean McLoughney
Sean McLoughney, founder of LearningCurve, is a sought after learning and development specialist, author and speaker. Since 2001 has helped over 16000 professionals at every level improve their performance. As a successful author Sean has been published internationally. He has written three books and numerous articles. His first book “Slave to the Clock, Master of Time” helps you improve your time management skills and he also delivers the popular time management course “Planning your day to achieve your Business Results” based on his book. “Slave to a Job, Master of your Career”, his second book, outlines how people can plan and progress their career. His third book “Meaningful Performance Reviews” helps you to improve the performance of your team by having regular meaningful performance review meetings.